We have just started to work on our vision for the spring term. Our T&L groups will be working on the following:
Group A – Teaching and Learning e-newsletter
The aim is to publish at least 3 newsletters this academic year. These e-newsletters will be available on our website and twitter and will publicise the excellent work here at RVHS.
- Effective Feedback
Collate examples of best practise – student questionnaires
Track journey of new marking policy and current evaluations
Impact on progress
Review of best practise at RVHS
Research current practice – focus SEN/ students arriving on 4c
Trial innovative ideas, paired observations
- Literacy Focus
Writing frames , showcase literacy across the curriculum, literacy intervention, accelerated reader, promote use of key words, use of reading ages to aid progression in the classroom
Group B – Digital Leaders
Consider… Do the students know more about the technology than most of us?
What can we learn from the students?
What will happen if we give the students a voice in their learning?
How can we use technology in the classroom?
What ideas can groups trial in the classroom:
- Create a group of digital leaders – Work with students to identify areas of the curriculum that could be enhanced – ‘Zest’ by the use of technology
- Students help to plan lessons in these identified areas, train the teachers in the use of technology
- Case study – students i.e. Gaming in media
- Trial the use of tumblr.com , Edmodo or google.docs as a platform to run a group project
- More Able students – working independently on extended project using platforms such as Tumblr, WordPress, Wikispaces or Google docs
We will keep you updated…